14 Ways to Boost Your Motivation
How are your New Years Resolutions going? If you are like most people, your enthusiasm is already starting to wane.
And the truth is that I don’t even more resolutions anymore.Any day is a good day to resolve to do something. I don't need to wait until New Year's Day to do it.Click To Tweet
But before you give up on your goals and aspirations, let me give you a few tips to help you stay on track.
14 Ways to Boost Your Motivation and Personal Effectiveness
Don’t be a Lone Ranger. Get support.
Create your own “dream team” of people around you that will give you unconditional, non judgmental support.
- Get a coach – working with a coach is a great way to boost motivation, personal effectiveness and achieve your goals. (If this is something you think you might benefit from and would like to discuss further you can contact me.
- Get an accountability buddy. Having an accountability buddy will help you stay on track to achieve the results you want, but also they are also a great source of motivation and help to keep you focused.
- Surround yourself with positive, constructive, solution focused people who fuel your fire. It will give a tremendous boost to your energy levels which has a fairly hefty knock on effect to your motivation and effectiveness. If you find yourself surrounded by energy draining and toxic people who suck the life out of you and have a negative impact on your motivation and effectiveness, use then as an opportunity to tap and clear those issues out. You know that your relationships are a reflection of you. =)
- Join a Mastermind Group –a mastermind group is a great way to get support with achieving your goals and to keep yourself motivated and effective. Learning from others is inspiring and boosts motivation. (I have a Facebook group that I admin where you can receive support. Check it out here.)
Get Clear On What You Want And Why You Want It
- Create a powerful vision of what you want. Stay focused on what you desire and visualize achieving it each and every day. It will help you keep you motivated when you experience setbacks, obstacles or when the $h!t hits the fan. Consider creating a vision board to help you focus.
- Break your goals down into small manageable chunks. Much more motivating than focusing on the mountain you have to climb!
- Have an action plan and work it consistently!
- Do the first things first. Yes, you may be familiar with this from the 7 Habits book. But it makes sense to do the most important things first in the day. That way you will always know that you have the priorities nailed no matter what the rest of the day throws at you. There is great satisfaction in that!
- Create a structure to work within each day, week and month. It will keep you focused, on track and effective.
Take Care Of Yourself
- Get fresh air every day. It’s amazing the difference this makes. Being outside is an awesome stress buster and considering that stress is a motivation and effectiveness drainer, this is worth doing. Even if it’s only a few minutes. Try it.
- De-clutter your mental and physical space. Clutter will only drain your energy.
- Do things that give you mental and physical energy. Do less of the things that drain your mental and physical energy. Consider delegating tasks to others better suited to do what’s dragging you down.
- Have a strong self care regimen that you work consistently. Include things like getting enough sleep, eating healthy foods, exercise, yoga, meditation. Self care has a massive impact on how you feel and operate, mentally and physically. And how you feel and operate has a massive impact on your motivation and effectiveness.
And finally, Celebrate your successes – regularly – no matter how big or small. It will remind you that you are making progress and that will boost your motivation.