Avocado Taco Boats
Light, fresh, and full of fiber and healthy fats.
About this Recipe
- ½ lb. Ground Beef
- ½ tsp Ground Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- ¼ cup Passata (pureed tomatoes)
- ½ cup Mozzarella (shredded)
- ½ Cucumber (diced)
- 4 oz Cherry Tomatoes (chopped)
- ½ Red Onion (diced)
- 1 oz Jalapeno Peppers (pickled, diced)
- ½ Lime (juice only)
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 2 Avocados (halved and pitted)
- 1 oz Cilantro (chopped)
- 85/15 Organic Grass-Fed is my preferred choice, but use what you like (including ground turkey!)
- For the pureed tomatoes, you can choose fresh or canned. With or without seasonings.
- Use an English cucumber for fewer seeds.
- If you like it SPICY, try fresh jalapenos.
- You can also remove the avocado from the peel, and slice or cut into chunks. Arrange slices on a plate a top with fixin’s.
- Fat 72% 72%
- Carbs 10% 10%
- Protein 18% 18%
Step by Step Instructions
To Make Salsa
Combine cucumber, cherry tomatoes, onion, jalapenos and lime juice in a bowl. Gently combine and set aside.
Over medium heat, add ground beef to a skillet and brown. Once browned add chili, paprika, cumin and passata. Cook until beef until done.
Add mozzarella and stir through until melted. Take off the heat.
To assemble the taco boats, use a spoon to gently enlarge the indent left by the pit. Fill with taco meat, top with salsa, sour cream and cilantro. Enjoy!