Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
Filling and low carb, kid-friendly and delicious!.
About this Recipe
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled, reserve 1 tbsp of bacon fat
- 1 lb. ground beef cooked 1 tbsp. bacon fat
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 85/15 Organic Grass-Fed is my preferred choice, but use what you like (including ground turkey!)
- Check your bacon labels for hidden sugar.
- Skip the tbsp of bacon fat if you’re using a higher fat content meat.
- Fat 70%
- Carbs 1%
- Protein 29%
Step by Step Instructions
Crisp and drain 1 lb. bacon; brown 1 lb. ground beef in 1 Tbs. bacon fat.
Drain beef, chop bacon, mix the two and layer in a greased 9″x13″ baking dish.
Mix 1/2 cup cream, 4 beaten eggs and 1/2 cup shredded cheese (plus salt and pepper). Pour
over meat; top with more cheese, if desired.
Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Enjoy.