Cauliflower Mash With Garlic and Chives
Simple ingredients, but loaded with flavor.
About this Recipe
This flavorful cauliflower mash pairs well with a wide range of beef, pork, chicken, and plant-based entrees. Plus, it comes together in under 30 minutes, so it is perfect for those busy weeknights when you want to get a healthy dinner on the table without too much fuss.
- 1 medium cauliflower head, florets only
- 2-3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Tbsp. Kerry Gold Butter
- 2 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- Steaming the garlic along with the cauliflower will remove the raw edge and make it more tender.
- Use coconut oil, ghee, or Extra Virgin Olive Oil as an alternative to butter.
- Use unsweetened almond milk as an alternative heavy whipping cream.
- Use 2 to 3 Tbsp of cream cheese as an alternative to EITHER the butter/oil OR the whipping cream/milk.
- Use dried chives if fresh aren’t available, you may need to use a bit more.
- Fat 67% 67%
- Carbs 27% 27%
- Protein 7% 7%
Step by Step Instructions
Place the cauliflower florets and the garlic cloves into a steamer basket set over a pot of gently boiling water. Cover and steam until the cauliflower is fork-tender, around 15 minutes.
Transfer the cauliflower and garlic to a food processor or blender and add the olive oil, almond milk, garlic powder, and onion powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the seasonings, as desired.
Transfer to a serving bowl and top with fresh chives before serving. Enjoy!