Easy, Cheap, DIY Deodorant Using 2 Ingredients
Today, I want to show you an easy, cheap, and DIY Deodorant using only two ingredients. This is a simple 2 ingredient version that anyone can use.
You will need:
- An empty stick deodorant container (not a roll-on)
- 3 TBSP coconut oil (any brand will do)
- 1/4 cup baking soda (if you’re trying to avoid aluminum be sure to pick a brand without… Try Bob’s Red Mill)
- Melt the oil to just barely warm in a 150 degree oven. This will be warm but should not be too hot to handle. DO NOT OVERHEAT.
- Mix the oil and baking soda together.
- Add EOs if you want them. (Pick gentle essential oils that won’t burn delicate skin.)
- Scoop into your container by the spoonful.
- Tap the container on the counter to remove air bubbles.
- And rotate the plunger backwards, taking the mixture further into the container. Continue with steps 4, 5, & 6 until your container is full.
- Place the cap on it and put it in the fridge to set.
- Apply lightly to avoid marking clothing.
- Store in the refrigerator if needed during warm months.
- You may need to warm the container slightly for the first use to allow the bar to move freely.