Baked Mexican Salmon Croquettes
These aren’t your grandmother’s croquettes.
About 4 Patties
504 for 2
Lunch, Dinner, Seafood
About this Recipe
When I think about croquettes, I think about my grandma – and that’s sweet and gives me the feelz. But then, I think of the fried, stuck on mess in the pan, and then I think of the smell that lingers in the house for DAYS.
This recipe is baked and thus, conveniently misses the heavy-duty elbow scrubbing, but also the fishy smell. #win
- 1 can Red Salmon
- 2 tbsp diced, pickled jalapeno
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 1/3 cup of grated cheese ()
- 1 tbsp Adobo Spice Mix (the mix I use)
- Salmon can be very expensive, but using a good quality canned version makes this more affordable.
- Tuna works well too!!!
- For cheese, I used Great Value Fiesta Blend
- If you WANT to fry them, by all means do so. =)
- Fat 58%
- Carbs 1%
- Protein 41%
Step by Step Instructions
In a large bowl, mix everything until well incorporated.
Place 1/4 cup of mixture into a silicone cup. These are the ones I use. https://amzn.to/2wdPGug Regular muffin cups mean you can’t thin out the mixture into a patty shape.
Bake at 350 degrees until browned, dry to the touch, and somewhat “firm but springy” in the center.
Remove from oven, and silicone cups.
Serve with salsa and/or guacamole and your choice of low carb veggies.