Mushroom Pizza Bites
About this Recipe
With mouth-watering pizza flavor these bites are sure to please the whole family.
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 cup Mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 Red Bell pepper (diced)
- ½ Red Onion (diced)
- 1 cup Mozzarella (shredded)
- 24 Pepperoni slices (small like for pizza)
- 1/3 cup Passata (pureed tomatoes)
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- Use green onion for lower carbs.
- Use green bell pepper for lower carbs.
- You can also use a low-carb marinara. Or make your own.
- Fat 65%
- Carbs 14%
- Protein 21%
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat the oven to 320 °F.
Make pizza filling: in a bowl combine mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, passata, oregano and thyme.
Peel zucchini into thick ribbons and use them to line the cups in a 12 hole muffin tray.
Fill with the following (layering in order):
- Pepperoni (1 slice per cup)
- Pizza filling
- Pepperoni (I slice per cup)
Bake for 30 minutes. Leave to cool in the pan for at least 5 minutes before removing. If the zucchini has released a lot of water during cooking, sit on an absorbent paper towel for a minute or so before serving.