One-Skillet Mozzarella Chicken
Simple ingredients, but loaded with flavor.
About this Recipe
I love “one-pan” meals. I love their simplicity, not to mention the ease of cleanup (am I right?) This One-Skillet Mozzarella Chicken dish has just a few simple ingredients but a lot of flavor! It’s warm and cheesy gooey-ness, requires just 9 ingredients and is ready in less than an hour.
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1½ Tbsp. Italian seasoning, divided
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ¼ cup chicken broth, preferably organic
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 oz. fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Sprigs of fresh basil offer a nice burst of flavor.
- Choose multi-color tomatoes for visual appeal.
- Or you can substitute any fresh tomatoes of choice.
- Use chicken breasts if you prefer, though your macros will change.
- Fat 60% 60%
- Carbs 1% 1%
- Protein 39% 39%
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
Rub the chicken thighs with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle both sides with one tablespoon Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and transfer to the hot skillet.
Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until the chicken develops a golden crust. Remove from heat and add butter, chicken broth, and cherry tomatoes. Top each chicken thigh with a slice of fresh Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes and remaining Italian seasoning. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
Transfer skillet into pre-heated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the Mozzarella is melted. Remove from oven and allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
To serve, top chicken with some pan sauce and fresh basil sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately with loaded cauliflower au gratin for a complete LCHF meal or your choice of sides. Enjoy!.