Pesto Shrimp Zoodles
About this Recipe
Bursting with veggies, this dish is light enough for summer faire, but still has a bit of heat. Like an Indian Summer.
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Red Chili flakes
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Lime (juice only)
- 1 cup Basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil (extra virgin)
- 8 oz Shrimp (cooked, peeled, tail on)
- 1 large Zucchini (spiralized)
- ½ tsp Red Chili Flakes
- ½ Lime (juice only)
- Skip the Red Chili flakes if you don’t like it hot.
- Use Chipotle Pepper flakes for an interesting twist.
- Remove the shrimp tails for easier eatin’.
- Fat 69%
- Carbs 15%
- Protein 16%
Step by Step Instructions
To Make Pesto:
Add all pesto ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
Over medium heat, add shrimp, lime juice and chili flakes to a skillet and gently heat (shrimp is already cooked) through. Add zoodles (spiralized zucchini) and saute for 2-3 minutes.
Add shrimp, zoodles and pesto to a large bowl and gently combine. Serve topped with extra chili flakes and a squeeze of lime juice (optional).