Target 100, written by Liz Josefsberg, is touted as “the world’s simplest weight-loss program in 6 easy steps.”
Her premise is about having whatever you want food-wise, but being smart about it. The main draws are that nothing is off-limits, but also the celebrities she’s helped: Jessica Simpson, and Jennifer Hudson to name two.
The “100” is about these 6 “steps” though I might call them rules:
- Drink 100 oz of water per day
- Exercise 100 minutes a week
- Eat less than 100gms of carbs per day
- Do 100 minutes of non exercise activities per week (gardening, walking dog, cleaning)
- Sleep 100 extra minutes per week
- Do 100 minutes of something relaxing per week (massage, reading, sauna, meditation…)
This book can be read and used in conjunction with your current weight loss program, or used as an excellent first-step in your journey.
- A 100 grams of carbs per day approach could be more “doable” for some.
- Avoids food lists, and forbidden foods.
- Still encourages “counting” which may not be beneficial for those wanting to do intuitive or normal type eating programs.
- Pro-dieters may need more than 100 minutes of exercise or less than 100 grams of carbs to see success.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have listed above. While clicking these links won't cost you any extra money, they will help me keep this site up and running AND keep it ad free! Please check out the disclosure policy for more details. Thank you for your support!
Target 100, written by Liz Josefsberg, is touted as "the world's simplest weight-loss program in 6 easy steps." Her premise is about having whatever you want food-wise, but being smart about it. The main draws are that nothing is off-limits, but also the celebrities...
Bright Line Eating, written by Susan Thompson, PhD., is for those of us who have desperately tried to lose weight and failed – again and again. Thompson also wrote the highly acclaimed and cutting edge book, Bright Line Eating Boot Camps.Based on neuro-science,...
The MIND Diet was created by bringing together the best aspects of two popular diets, the Mediterranean diet and the DASH diet. The plan uses the teachings from the DASH diet along with the Mediterranean diet to create a way of eating that can benefit the brain.MIND...