Dreams vs Reality: How many times a day do you wish you were further along with your goals and objectives? How often do you feel off-track? When your dreams don’t match your reality?
- Why don’t I weigh exactly what I want to weigh?
- Why am I not fit and running more and more frequently?
- Why aren’t I living in my dream home?
- Why haven’t I left my job in corporate for my dream career?
I understand, I get it. I go there too.
(You can’t get pulled over by the imagination police, you know?)
But right now…
- I’m looking out the window at a grey sky.
- My DIY Landscape project is still unfinished (going on 4 weeks now).
- I’ve got more to do than time to do it in, and a lot of it is non-paying stuff.
And that’s okay because that’s where I’m at right now.
A place where…
- What I’m doing will just have to be good enough.
- What I want will get here when it’s time.
- I have all the money I need.
- I have some really rockstar friends to call on.
- I’m constantly getting better at my craft.
So here’s the truth…
There’s no question that you can have whatever you desire. But you must be patient. And part of being patient is accepting your reality.
It’s not about resigning yourself to where you are “until things get better”, but being super excited about the amazing journey you’re on. Right now.
Does that mean every step itself will be wildly exciting? No, but the journey as a whole can be. It’s like Danielle Laporte says, “The journey has to feel like the destination.”
So here are a few tips to get you basking in your awesome reality on the way to your dreams.
- Do what you say you are going to do.
The more you do what you say you are going to do, not only do others trust you, but you’ll start to trust yourself.
And when you trust yourself you KNOW that no matter what your current situation is you’ll get to where you want to go.
- Remember the steps it takes.
Every time you start to get the “OMG! Why aren’t I there yet?” blues, list out ten things you still need to learn to get there.
Do you need to connect with a support group? Get a coach? Visit your doctor?
Be honest with yourself about the gap between where you are now and where you want to be.
People who constantly learn and improve their skills are always one step ahead of the crowd.
- Celebrate Where You Are.
Are you eating out of boxes and bags? That’s great, good, and fine! Some people still eat fast food for every meal.
Trying to raise a kid and eat well? That’s fabulous! In 10 years, they will thank you for your efforts.
Lawn needs mowing? Chores need doing? THROW A PARTY! You know how to prioritize!
Think about it this way. In five years, you’ll be SOMEWHERE– whether you enjoyed the journey or not. And in fact, you’ll probably be somewhere amazing if you’re enjoying the journey because people who have FUN are always more successful!
So relax. Everything in its own time.
So what is a Clarity Call? It’s a FREE 20-minute call with me that will gain you to clarity about your next RIGHT step towards becoming the best version of you! Through a series of questions and discussion, we will navigate your fears and desires in order to arrive at an A-Ha moment. When you finish this call, you will know how to best invest in yourself.